Are you an organisation that aims to recruit, support or retain working class people?
Then talk to us. We will establish you as an employer who cares about equity and diversity.
What we offer
We will work with you to explore your organisational culture. After identifying any barriers it creates for working class people we will create a bespoke programme tailored to your equity journey.
- Holding interactive interventions that raise staff awareness about class
- Giving workforce, collections and programme related presentations focusing on class
- Leading the reinterpretation and co-curation of your collections to tell working class stories
- Establishing baseline measures for collating and understanding class-related data within your organisation
- Advising on recruitment
- Creating and implementing long-term plans and legacy projects
- Acting as critical friends to provide considered, constructive feedback
"I thought this was a really useful and constructive session... I appreciated the balanced tone of the session - setting it very clearly in the context of our own museum, and keeping the dialogue about inequality positive and constructive. I felt MaM created an environment where everyone felt supported to have an open discussion" Trustee - Brunel Museum
Previous and current collaborators include: TATE, Museums Galleries Scotland, Art Fund, Greater London Authority, British Library, Arts Council Collection, University of Leicester, Space Invaders, Goldsmiths University, Brunel Museum, British Museum, Museum of the Home